UserXY provides software and infrastructure to its clients to deliver permission-based electronic messages to their recipients
UserXY takes it’s responsibility towards the recipients of its clients seriously and has implemented a no tolerance spam policy. UserXY exclusively supports permission-based marketing practices. Any customer found to be using UserXY applications for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the product. If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately at [email protected]
Definition of SPAM
TrendMicro’s MAPS (Mail Abuse Prevention System) gives a clear definition of what type of communication is considered to be SPAM:
- The recipient’s personal identity and context are irrelevant because the message is equally applicable to many other potential recipients
- The recipient has not verifiably granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable permission for it to be sent
- The transmission and reception of the message appears to the recipient to give a disproportionate benefit to the sender.
UserXY requires all its clients to comply with the current legal requirements regarding SPAM, commercial electronic messages and the collection and protection of personal information, in place in both the client’s country of residence and the client’s geographical area of operation (i.e. where the client’s recipients are based). These legal requirements include: The CAN SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act), The Directive on Electronic Commerce (2000/31/EC) of the European Parliament and Council of 8 June 2000, on legal aspects of information society services, in particular, electronic commerce in the Internal Market, and The Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (2002/58/EC) of the European Parliament and Council of 12 July 2002, concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector.
UserXY Member Agreement
As part of the contractual Terms of Service, UserXY’ clients agree to using UserXY’ applications and infrastructure only to send emails – or other electronic messages – to customers and prospects that have explicitly consented (opted-in) to receive emails from them and refrain from sending unsolicited emails (=SPAM). Any client found to be sending SPAM using our application and infrastructure is subject to immediate contract and service termination and potential legal action. In addition, UserXY does not buy or sell mailing lists nor endorses the use of purchased, rented or harvested mailing lists by any of our clients.
Mandatory Unsubscribe Options
Every email sent through UserXY’ application or sending infrastructure must contain an unsubscribe link that is both clearly visible and easy to use. The unsubscribe functionality must not require the recipient to send an unsubscribe request via email or to login to a user account first.
Reporting SPAM by an UserXY Client
Should you suspect that you may have received an unsolicited email from an UserXY client, please send an email to [email protected] that contains the following information:
- Full details on sender name and/or from address
- The email address the suspected SPAM has been sent to (Important: it may differ from the one that you are sending us the complaint from)
- The time and date you received the email UserXY thoroughly investigates every single SPAM complaint. Should we be able to trace the affected email address we will immediately remove it from the relevant client mailing list.
Other options for reporting SPAM by an UserXY client, is to use the “mark/report as spam” functionality offered by leading Webmail providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. or use anti-SPAM blocklist provider, such as Spamcop, which provide an easy way to report unsolicited emails.
UserXY supports the activities of the following anti-SPAM organizations:
- TrendMicro MAPS (Mail Abuse Prevention System)
- Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email (CAUCE)
- Boycott Internet Spam
- Network Abuse Clearinghouse